Thursday, November 20, 2008

Health Update

Update:

A few months ago, my legs started to swell. In a matter of weeks, my thighs had put on 60 lbs. of flabby. watery tissue that felt like overstretched water balloons. Just my thighs. Since then, I have developed small, red, weeping lesions that start like water blisters and HURT. I am not processing vluids well, apparently, so I lymph is buiding up in my soft tissues.

I saw the Dernatologist Monday. He was soft spoken, kindly, and , thank the Goddess, gentle. He did a punch biopsy on the lesions and said in a few days we will know if what I have is dermatopolymyicitis (The condition that killed my dad )or not. It is a rare condition,and the sores do not look like Poly to him, but with a positive history in the family, we are not taking chances.

Like I needed this! Anywaym any spare good thoughts and/or well wishes lying around, I would appreciatr it if you sent them my way. I live in a hospital so the treatment should be easy to get, right? Wrong! So far, no one has made a motion to do the treatments the nice doctor ordered to relieve me. the next step is for me to lodge a complaint with the administrator, but I hope it doesn't have to go that far.

You'd think these people would realizr that following Dr's orders means LESS work in the long run, not to mention less a$$ chewing by admin. But , NO!

More news as it comes in.

No comments: