Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My World and Welcome to It

Hello! This premiere Edition of Living Among the Lily-Pads comes out on a very special day! I have a rant for you, some minor triumphs. and since this is our first meeting, a bit of an introduction. I hope you will enjoy reading my maunderings, and please do feel free to comment.

Comments which contain hateful language, blatant proseletizing, or obsenity will not be published, OK? I want this to be for mature audiences of whatever age.
Now, for the Intro!
I am a 58 year old woman who is a resident in a Health Centre in Southern CA. I am a surviver of child abuse, domestic violence, 5 brain operations, gastric bypass and pneumonia every year since I was two.
I live here because I have a non-cancerous brain tumor that affects how I walk, see, hear and speak English, my primary language , while paradoxically sparing my acquired language, Spanish. This is similar to a singer who stammers when he talks, but sings without a tremor.
I am not only luckier than I have any right to be. (see stupid things with my clothes on , below) I am also an Initiated Witch since Yule , 1975, and leader of one of the longest lived Wiccan Temples in this town. We have been practicing the Old Religion since 1980. As tome goes on, I will tell you how I got here from there.

No comments: